Financial Assistant- Part Time, approximately 10-15 hours per week on average.
If you enjoy the mountains and working in a tranquil setting, come work for one of the most beautiful City’s in the State of Georgia.
The position will report to the City Manager. The Financial Assistant will aid in the fiscal management of the city’s finances to include monthly bank reconciliation, tracking city finances and expenditures, annual budget preparation and the annual financial audit. The City of Sky Valley is a small city, and the successful candidate will work closely with the City Manager, City Clerk, and Deputy City Clerk to ensure that the City’s finances are well maintained and transparent in preparation.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jason Streetman, City Manager;
706-408-3037 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Works Job Opening
The City of Sky Valley, GA is seeking a full-time public works employee who will be involved in all aspects of public works activities to include- roads, water, and trash. The successful candidate must be able to work in all types of weather to include heat, cold, rain, and snow. Occasional after-hours work is required as needed to repair water lines, remove downed trees, and snow plowing etc.
The city offers competitive pay and benefits. If you are a hard worker, enjoy a variety of work, and want to be a part of a great organization; Contact Jerry Shope, Public Works Director at 706-490-8019 or SVPWDirector@gmail.com A CDL is a plus and position is open until filled.
- City Manager
- City Clerk
- Deputy Clerk/Tax Commissioner – shared employee
- Judicial Administration (Court Clerk) – shared employee
- Roads Supervisor – shared employee
- Labor – 2 FT & 2 FT shared employees and seasonal employees as needed
PROMOTION AND TOURISM
- FT Visitor Center employee
HOUSING & DEVELOPMENT
- Building Inspection/Code Enforcement – 1 PT employee
- Police Administration (Chief)
- Patrol (Uniformed police patrol) – 3 FT & additional PT when needed
- Certified Water Operator
- Labor – 1 FT shared employee
- Utility Clerk – shared employee
- Solid Waste Collection Supervisor – shared employee
- Labor – 1 PT and 2 FT shared employees
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment verification document upon hire. The City of Sky Valley participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.